Important Notice: The checking of qualification of a candidate will be done after the conclusion of the nomination period and before the start of polling period. Therefore, groups who wish to run together shall ensure that all group members have met the qualifications as stated below. There shall be no replacement of group member in an event where one or more group member is disqualified from the Election after the nomination period has ended.
Step 1 : Procedures
Candidates interested in registering for the Presidential Office shall contact the Student Council Vice President, Ann Marie (+60109551038) to obtain the Nomination Form. Further details, information, rules and regulations will be given upon receiving the Nomination Form.
Presidential Nominee, with or without a team, may request help from the Student Council to be promoted on the Official Student Council social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook) for the purpose of obtaining exposure or recruitment of team members. Further instruction will be given upon the request.
Step 2 : Submission
Presidential Nominee shall submit the Group Submission Form latest by Sunday, 19th September (5PM GMT +8) through email to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com . The Group shall consist a minimum of nine (9) Candidates namely:
(b) Vice President;
(e) (1) Academic;
(f) (1) Activities;
(g) (1) Welfare;
(h) (1) Information Technology and Media; and
(i) (1) International.
Please note that a total deposit of RM10 per nominees is required upon submitting the form. You are to attach the receipt together with the form. The Presidential Division is to arrange for the nomination deposit to be refunded in full to all Candidates declared elected. Candidates that are not declared elected shall forfeit their deposit.
Step 3 : Campaign Briefing
Group that have successfully submitted their registration will then be notified by the Student Council Election Board for a Campaign briefing. Campaign briefing will be held on the last day of nomination, which is 19th September 2021, 7PM (GMT +8).
Please note that campaign material is nont allowed before the campaign period starts. Student Council Election Board will have the materials taken down effective immediately.
All candidates who wish to participate in the Election must meet the following qualifications:
- be financial Convocation Members and enrolled students of the University for the next one year prior to the opening of nominations;
- be in Degree status prior to the opening of nominations;
- be in good academic standing prior to the opening of nominations; and
- be eighteen (18) years of age or older, as at the date the Candidate is appointed as an Officer of the Convocation, should they be elected.
- Candidates shall be free of any misconduct within and outside the University prior to the opening of nominations.
A person shall be disqualified from candidature if he or she is:
- is a Staff member of the University;
- is a member of the Election Tribunal;
- convicted of a crime and sentenced to a term in prison;
- is disqualified under any provision of the Convocation Statute Book;
- is an undischarged bankrupt, or a debtor against whose estate there is a subsisting receiving order in bankruptcy;
- ineligible to hold a position due to any stature, regulation, by-law or rule of the University.