Election Timetable (as approved by the Returning Officer)
The following dates are confirmed except for the time of conduct where the Returning Officer has the power to change the time of conduct as deemed fit.
|8 November – 13 November (4PM)||Nomination||–||–||Nomination closes on 13th October 2019 at 4:00PM|
|13 November Evening||Campaign Briefing||8PM onwards||–||Attendance is compulsory|
|14 November – 18November||Campaign Period||–||–||Campaign closes on 18th November 2019 at 11:59PM|
|14 November||SC Debate||–||TBA||–|
|18 November – 20 November||Voting Session||–||TBA||–|
|20 November (5PM)||Ballot Counting||5PM||TBA|
Basic rules and criteria for election nominations:
- In Curtin for at least 1 year prior to the nomination
- In Curtin 1 year after elections to fulfill Student Council duties for the year 2020.
- Candidate needs to be in degree status
- Candidate must have academic good standing status
- Candidate cannot be a staff member of the University
- Candidate cannot be committed to any other program (Student Ambassador 2020, Creative Intern or other forms of Internship program under the University)
Candidates can run for Student Council either as an individual for an individual position of choice or they may run as part of a team.
If there are any further queries regarding the election, please refer to the Student Council Divison 2 Election file attached or you may consult the election tribunal members of the Student Council.
Sheikh Tahsin (016 6187306)